Coconut oil, is an edible oil extracted from the kernel or meat of mature coconuts harvested from the coconut palm. It has various applications.
Coconut oil is 99% fat, comprised mainly of saturated fats (82% of total; table).
Half of the saturated fat content of coconut oil is lauric acid, while other significant saturated fats are myristoleic acid and palmitoleic acid.
Monounsaturated fats comprise 6% of total fats, and polyunsaturated fats comprise 2%. Coconut oil contains phytosterols, but there are no micronutrients having significant content
Some of coconut oil benefits are:
- Benefits hair health
- Moisturizing your hair and reducing breakage
- Protecting your hair from protein loss and damage when wet
- Protecting your hair from environmental damage like wind, sun and smoke
- Cure UTI and kidney infection
- Boosts immune system
- Improve memory and brain function
- Treats alzheimer’s disease
- Improve energy and endurance
- Benefits skin health
- Moisturizing your body skin and reducing dryness
- Prevents gum disease and tooth decay
- Fight candida and yeast infections
There are no reviews yet.